Each year we are exposed to more and more chemicals in our environment. These chemicals are in the air and others are in common household products such as cleaning supplies and cosmetics. These chemicals can affect our hormones, neurological system, and increase our risk of cancer. As our body deals with the increased burden of getting rid of these toxins, we need to support the organs that detoxify. Our primary detoxification organs are the gastrointestinal tract, liver, kidneys and skin.
Supporting the Organs
- Colonic hydrotherapy: this treatment helps to keep the gastrointestinal tract clean and remove toxins that may be hiding in old fecal material. A series of 4 weekly colonics is typically recommended for optimal detoxification.
- Cleanses: short periods of dietary cleansing help to mobilize toxins that are stored in fat. Cleanses often last from 3 to 10 days and focus on increasing vegetables and healthy proteins and eliminating processed foods and sugar.
- Liver support: many herbals and botanicals increase the liver’s ability to remove both current and past exposures to toxins.
- Intravenous therapies: various substances administered intravenously have been shown to increase detoxification pathways. This includes the use of:
- Chelation therapy (DMPS and EDTA)
How It Works
These substances help to remove solvents, mold, heavy metals, pesticides and other chemicals while protecting liver and kidney health. By administering these substances IV higher absorption is achieved allowing the detoxifying substances to get into hard to reach tissues such as neurological tissue.
Detoxification therapies help to increase energy, improve mental clarity, purify the complexion and keep you healthy for years to come. Our naturopathic doctors at the Nardella Clinic in Calgary have almost two decades of experience in optimizing the body’s detoxification pathways. This is done by using the proper combination of various detoxification techniques to support all organs involved. Additionally, our doctors can help to provide recommendations to detoxify safely and provide appropriate nutrient support.
Schedule A Consult
Please fill out the form below to begin the consultation scheduling process. We will be in touch with you right away to finalize your information.