A highly trained and experienced Naturopathic Doctor in Calgary, Dr. Meghan Haggarty, is pleased to continue the Calgary Nardella Clinic’s tradition and offer patients the highest standards in competency and care. Her interest in how the body works and the importance of preventative health was ignited while obtaining her Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology at the University of Calgary. During this time she began working as an assistant at the Nardella Clinic to gain a better understanding of all the options Naturopathic Medicine provides for patients, both for the prevention and treatment of disease. Dr. Haggarty, Naturopath recognized the value of the results-oriented approach at the Nardella Clinic and pursued Naturopathic Medicine at the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine in British Columbia. She returned to the Nardella Clinic in Calgary to join the team as an associate and eventually a partner.
Chronic Disease Experience
Dr. Haggarty, Naturopath has a general practice with a focus on complex chronic disease. She has worked extensively with patients with the following conditions:
- Pediatric Special Needs
- Lyme Disease and co-infections
- Hormone Imbalances (Male and Female)
- Autoimmune disease
- Gastrointestinal Disease
- Neurological Disease
- Allergies and intolerances
- Women’s health and fertility support
- Chronic infections
Dr. Haggarty, Calgary Naturopath was the first in Canada to become a Fellow of the Medical Academy of Pediatric Special Needs (MAPS). In addition to treating common pediatric conditions, this fellowship provides her with extensive knowledge in a number of Pediatric Conditions including:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Down Syndrome
- Global Developmental Delay
- Allergies and Asthma
- Cerebral Palsy
- Sensory Processing Disorder
Dr. Haggarty, Calgary Naturopath enjoys working with children with special needs and their families to maximize each child’s potential. One of the most rewarding parts of her job is to be able to see naturopathic medicine help children develop and grow.
Dr. Haggarty, Calgary Naturopath also completed her ILADS preceptorship training under Dr. Richard Horowitz and has nearly a decade of experience treating patients with Lyme Disease and co-infections. Her approach to treating these complex conditions involves treating the infections using prescription and natural therapies, supporting the body’s immune system, and utilizing cutting-edge natural and function medicine therapies to heal and repair damage caused by the infection.
Dr. Haggarty, Calgary Naturopath is a member of the American Association of Anti-aging Medicine, and Pediatric Association of Naturopathic Physicians. She is a member in good standing of both the College of Naturopathic Doctors of Alberta and the College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia. Dr. Haggarty, Naturopath is trained in Acupuncture, in addition to having prescribing authority in British Columbia.
Advanced Professional Training
- Fellowship of Pediatric Special Needs Training with Dr. Lynne Mielke.
- International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society Preceptorship Training with Dr. Richard Horowitz
- Prescribing Upgrade Course, Therapeutics Initiative
- Practitioner Training, Autism Research Institute (formerly known as Defeat Autism Now or DAN)
- Intravenous Therapeutics, Dr S. Kuprowsky
- The Many Faces of Pain: Functional Models for Assessment and Treatment, The Institute of Functional Medicine
- Neural Therapy, Dr J. Harris
- A Metabolic, Anti-Aging and Functional Approach to Endocrinology, American Association of Anti-aging Medicine
- Intravenous Emergency Procedures, NaturoMedic
- IV Ozone, Hydrogen Peroxide and UV Blood Irridation-Oxidative Therapies, NaturoMedic
- Hyberbaric Medicine Team Training, International ATMO
- Mesotherapy, Prollenium Medical Technologies
- A Practical Application in Treating Adult Hormone and Nutritional Deficiencies Utilizing Advanced Testing Protocols, Hormones and Nutraceuticals, International Hormone Society
- Clinical Applications and Advanced Topics of IV Nutrient Therapies, International IV Nutritional Therapies for Professionals
- Heavy Metal Toxicology, Clinical Chelation: EDTA, DMPS, DMSA and Complementary Treatment, International IV Nutritional Therapies for Professional
- Mesotherapy and Biopuncture for pain and cosmetics, Dr. Jodie Peacock
- Clinical Applications and Advanced Topics of IV Nutrients, Intravenous Nutritional Therapy for Physicians
- Naturopathic Cardiac Life Support, OHM Medical
Schedule A Consult
Please fill out the form below to begin the consultation scheduling process. We will be in touch with you right away to finalize your information.