May is Lyme Disease Awareness month. Complex conditions like Lyme disease require equally complex treatment plans. That’s why the naturopathic doctors at the Nardella Clinic tailor every treatment regimen to individual people, not diseases.
A particularly effective and versatile treatment option is intravenous therapy. One single tool, dozens of possible uses. Intravenous therapy allows therapeutic doses of various natural substances to be delivered with 100% absorption. Our naturopathic doctors have extensive experience with IV therapies and their role in Lyme disease. What are the best options for Lyme Disease and what do they do? Take a look:
- Myers’ Cocktail, named for John Myers, the Baltimore doctor who developed it, is a blend of high doses of vitamins and minerals. It gives your body a boost, increasing energy and providing immune support.
- Glutathione is one of the most powerful antioxidants in the body. Besides protecting your cells against oxidation, glutathione helps to heal your neurological system and support your liver’s ability to detoxify.
- Curcumin is one of the things that makes turmeric yellow, and is an incredible anti-inflammatory. It regulates cytokine storm, a large cascade reaction of the immune system, and decreases inflammation in joints, muscles, and nervous tissue.
- MSM, a sulphur compound studied as a treatment for osteoarthritis, decreases systemic inflammation and supports joint health.
- Phosphatidylcholine is a vital substance found in every single human cell. The body uses phosphatidylcholine to make neurotransmitters, and helps to promote neurological health and decrease improve neurological symptoms, such an neuropathy.
- Silver is a well known precious metal, and has a long history — in specific forms — of treating and preventing infection. It also stimulates the immune system and reduces inflammation.
- Hydrogen Peroxide readily oxidizes and kills anything that can’t detoxify it, namely unwanted viruses and bacteria. Further, it provides oxygen directly to cells and regulates the histamine response.
- High-dose Vitamin C holds promise for treating a variety of ailments, but when treating Lyme disease the important factors are its antimicrobial effects and its support of the immune system.
- Artemisinin, an extract of wormwood, treats a Lyme co-infection called Babesia. It also treats Babesia’s more famous cousin, malaria.
- Chelation uses two substances — EDTA and DMPS — to draw out, bind, and eliminate heavy metals stored in tissues. Getting rid of these toxic minerals helps to decrease autoimmune activity, protect neurological function, and enhance detoxification. EDTA also helps to dissolve biofilm.
- Amino Acids are a group of indispensable biochemical compounds that are foundational to life as we know it. There are different kinds with different roles, but one way or another they can build muscle, improve mood, decrease “brain fog”, increase energy, and provide building blocks for neurotransmitters.
- Ozone combined with Ultraviolet-B irradiation is a treatment that regulates the immune system — decreasing autoimmunity — while increasing energy and helping fend off viral, bacterial, and yeast infections. You can read more about this specific IV treatment here.
Our naturopathic doctors can help you to get an accurate diagnosis and develop an individualized IV treatment protocol for you. Contact us to set up a consultation with one of our Lyme-literate naturopathic doctors.