7% of all Canadians who died in the year 2000, succumbed to stroke. Advances in emergency treatment, has decreased the mortality rate by 62% in the thirty year period between the late 60’s and the late 90’s. Ultimately, quick access to hospital care determines if a stroke patient lives or dies.
Unfortunately, hospitals are not equipped to deal with chronic illnesses or lasting complications. Common effects due to stroke, such as weakness, trouble balancing, and difficulties using or understanding words, are complex. They require a tailored, long-term approach to treatment that is beyond the scope of conventional medicine.
Many stroke patients experience a post-hospital care vacuum. The Nardella Clinic offers naturopathic and physiotherapy tools that significantly improve post-stroke recovery and enable the best recovery possible. This may mean regaining the ability to walk or speak, and the possibility of an absolute return to pre-stroke condition and quality of life.
The neurological rehabilitation team at the Nardella Clinic, includes naturopathic doctors and physiotherapists, with a variety of equipment and tools available to help create healthier lives for our patients:
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) helps to heal the brain through a variety of mechanisms.
- Intravenous glutathione, perhaps the most powerful antioxidant in the body, repairs damaged neurological tissue.
- ICARE, a robotic, body weight assisted elliptical trainer, trains the mind and body how to walk and move again, providing cardiovascular exercise even for those who cannot support their own weight.
- NeuroTracker, which retrains the brain how to sift through and organize information without becoming overwhelmed by the crossed wires common in brain injuries.
- Guidance toward healthy lifestyle and diet choices; the foundation for all health and treatments.
- Neurological physiotherapy from a physiotherapist with stroke rehabilitation experience.
The Nardella Clinic can design a protocol that combines naturopathic medicine and physiotherapy in a way that is appropriate to your specific situation and circumstance. The goal is great results.
Be proactive: the sooner we see the stroke patient, the better the post-stroke outcome. But speed is even more important in the moments that a stroke hits. With someone suffering a stroke in Canada every ten minutes, it’s worth knowing the signs so you can provide or find help as soon as possible:
- Numbness or drooping in the face
- Weakness, especially in the arms and/or on one side of the body
- Slurred speech
- Dizziness, blurred vision, confusion
Once the hospital has averted disaster and stabilized the stroke patient, the Naturopathic Doctors and physiotherapists at Nardella Clinic are here to make sure they get on the path to recovery as quickly as possible.
Contact us to find out how we can help.