What is DermaSound Elite?
DermaSound is a ultrasonic clinical skin treatment that uses low frequency sound waves to exfoliate, cleanse, and rejuvenate the skin. The FDA-approved DermaSound device offers a safe, gentle, effective, and non-invasive treatment for fine lines and wrinkles, acne, rosacea, pigmentation, psoriasis, and various other skin problems.
How does the DermaSound Elite work?
Unlike microdermabrasion, the DermaSound does not injure the skin; it removes the micro damaged layers of dead skin cells using a gentle micro jet frequency that spins distilled water across the skin’s surface without causing any trauma or inflammation.
The DermaSound treatment happens in three distinct phases: cavitation, infusion and micro-current.
- Phase one: “cavitation” is a process that exfoliates the skin and removes oil, debris and other acne-causing problems or appearance of fine lines. Cavitation removes 20-50% of the “stratum corneum”- the outer layer of the skin which we continuously shed. The ultrasonic vibrations spin the water molecules at high frequency causing the cavitation- the formation of water bubbles that gently ‘erupts’ the dead skin surface, cleaning out follicles without the irritation and inflammation that is sometimes associated with mechanical methods.
- Phase two: “infusion” penetrates the skin with antioxidant skin care products that heal and hydrate. The DermaSound creates pathways by a process called “sonophoresis”, a process that exponentially increases the absorption of semisolid compounds into the epidermis, dermis and skin appendages. Sonophoresis occurs because ultrasound waves stimulate micro-vibrations within the skin epidermis and increase the overall kinetic energy of molecules making up topical agents. The process is widely used in hospitals to deliver drugs through the skin. Sonophoresis is also used without drug or product delivery in physical therapy.
- Phase three: “micro current therapy” normalizes the skin with a very mild electrical current, a medically proven technique to help restore individual cells’ natural electrical charge. When a cell has been damaged due to environmental causes, like overexposure to the sun or aging, the cell’s electrical current is adversely effected, restricting the flow of nutrients into the cell and waste products out of the cell. This condition makes it difficult for the cells to heal. DemaSound Elite Microcurrent Therapy breathes new life into tired, injured, or aging skin.
Who is a good candidate for DermaSound?
All skin types and skin colours benefit greatly with DermaSound Elite. Regardless your skin type, complexion or skin sensitivity, there’s probably a good customizable option for DermaSound that may benefit you. Pregnant women, anyone with a pacemaker device, or a metal prosthetic implant should be excluded from the treatment.
What is the recovery period?
DermaSound is a noninvasive treatment, with very little ‘down-time’.
Some patients may experience slight redness after the treatment. Caution to sun exposure is advised along with regular topical sun protection. At times, ‘peeling’ or ‘flaking’ of the skin can be experienced with a more aggressive treatment.
What can I expect for results?
DermaSound will result in smoother and healthier skin, create a more youthful appearance. The skin can plump up after a treatment, which fills in fine lines and wrinkles. Results are seen immediately and noticeable. There is no one-time fix for skin problems. DermaSound should be performed on regular basis, typically once a month in order to maintain the results. Our naturopathic doctors of the Nardella Clinic in Calgary are experts at administering DermaSound for healthy and youthful skin.
Introducing Dermaplaning + Dermasound
Dermaplaning + Dermasound is an excellent no downtime skin rejuvenation treatment. At The Nardella Clinic we focus on delivering best-in-class accessible skin therapies. Patients may book single treatments or buy in a package of three treatments.
- Single treatment price: $145.00
- Three treatment package price: $360.00 ($120.00 per treatment)
Schedule A Consult
Please fill out the form below to begin the consultation scheduling process. We will be in touch with you right away to finalize your information.