Registered Provisional Psychologist
Jody Cumberbatch Lewis provides counselling services at the Calgary Nardella Clinic. Jody is is a Registered Provisional Psychologist and a member of the College of Alberta Psychologists and the Psychologists’ Association of Alberta. Jody’s experience in the Mental Health field has focused on Self-Care Practices, Person-Centred Approach, and Trauma Informed Care Practice.
She has a passion for helping clients develop their self-compassion, get in touch with their values, and honour their personal strengths and resources as they find balance between life’s challenges and core sense of self.
Jody uses an integrative approach, rooted in ACT therapy, Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, and Solution-Focused Brief Therapy, to tailor treatment to Client’s needs.
- Self Esteem
- Body Image
- Chronic Illness
- Chronic Pain
- Coping Skills
- Life Coaching
- Life Transitions
- Peer Relationships
- Self Esteem
What Is ACT Therapy?
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, known as “ACT” is a mindfulness-based behavioural therapy.
- ACT is based on the premise that pain is inevitable, but suffering is not.
- Supports strategies to live life more in the present, more focused on important values and goals, and less focused on painful thoughts, feelings and experiences.
- Uses acceptance and mindfulness techniques, to develop self-compassion and flexibility, and to build life-enhancing patterns of behaviour.
- ACT Therapy is a research informed and evidence-based intervention.
What Is Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy?
- CBT is a goal-oriented therapy aimed at helping you develop a healthier perspective.
- CBT is an intervention that supports you during personal challenges, and to achieve your goals using practical solutions and strategies.
- CBT is present-focused. The emphasis is on helping you identify how you interpret and evaluate what is happening in your day-to-day life and learn how these perceptions influence how you feel and what you do.
- Mindfulness is the ability to maintain awareness in the here-and-now, with compassion, openness, and interest. Mindfulness allows us to be present with of our thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and surroundings, with a curious, accepting and non-judgmental lens.
Youth Aged 16+ and Adults Ages 18+
Jody has a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from the University of Calgary and a Master of Counselling from City University of Seattle.
Sessions and Fees
50 minute Session for Individuals – $155